The family waits for news about Hank. While Jesse covers at the lab, Walt attempts to placate Gus. After witnessing a disturbing outburst, Walt worries he and his family are in danger.
~ Favourites ~
Favourite Walt Jr line – “I just need some fresh air”
Favourite Skyler line – “You know, these eggs are really not too bad.”
Favourite Gus line – “I hide in plain sight, same as you”
Favourite Marie line – “The DEA is not welcome here”
Favourite Gale line – “This is my replacement?”
Favourite Walt line – “No, listen, I, uh…this attack on my brother-in-law, I don’t understand it, I don’t know what it means. Please, if you may have some knowledge that you can share with me. I fear for my family.”
Favourite Jesse line – “So roll me further, bitch”
Favourite Jesse/Walt exchange –
Walter: “Let me ask you something, do you remember when we were out in the desert with Tuco?”
Jesse: “Oh, you mean when he put a machine gun to my head. Yeah, I think that does ring a tiny bell.”
Favourite scenes –
Jesse alone in the lab.
Notable Music – “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” by Prince Fatty
Ending Song – The Breaking Bad theme composed by Dave Porter
Jesse Lightbulb Moment – Finding new and unusual uses for the lab equipment.
Notable Shots –
I love the playing with focus thing with this scene –
Episode Running Time on DVD – 45m 22s
DVD Extras – Inside Breaking Bad – I See You –
Insider podcast – Breaking Bad editor Kelley Dixon discusses Episode 308 “I See You” with Vince Gilligan, Producer Melissa Bernstein, Writer Gennifer Hutchison. Running time 51m51s. Click here for the MP3 file. Click here for podcasts via the Apple iTunes store – podcasts are free.
Snoskred Notes –
I see you – and a lot of this episode takes place in (or near) the ICU. But there are so many other double meanings including –
– Jesse seeing Hank being brought into the hospital
– Gale seeing his replacement (and not being very impressed!)
– Jesse seeing the lab for the first time
– Victor seeing that no cooking is going on
– Walt out and out lying to Gus and Gus knowing that is exactly what he is doing
– The remaining cousin seeing Walt in person for the first time
– Gus seeing Walt at the hospital and Walt knowing he knows his brother in law is DEA.
– We see Mike has something to do with the death of the remaining cousin
The science of Breaking Bad – I See You
Episode Count –
Twenty-eight episodes down, 34 to go